Aspects that unquestionably contribute to AirPods’ enduring popularity include great sound quality, a selection of ear tips for a secure fit, noise-cancelling technology, and increased battery life because of a wireless charging case. You can choose the finest AirPods for your needs by comparing their top features below. Finding the finest AirPods frequently requires balancing cost and functionality, so we’ve also provided you with the most recent pricing information. Here are this year’s top Apple AirPods discounts.
When there are several models available, choosing the ideal AirPods for you might be difficult. We are here to assist because of this. There’s a reason why Apple’s AirPods often rank at the top of lists of the best headphones for the year, but purchasing AirPods has gotten trickier as the company has produced several iterations and generations of the product. Standard AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max are among these variations. Also take note that we’ve included the Beats Fit Pro in this discussion even though they aren’t “AirPods.” If you’re looking for AirPods in the $150 to $200 price range, you should consider the Apple-owned company’s model.
Three different sets of earbuds and one set of headphones make up Apple’s four different AirPods product lines. The newest headphones in Apple’s portfolio are the second-generation AirPods Pro, but they aren’t your only choice. Here, we walk you through each option so you can choose the one that best suits your requirements and price range. For a detailed specification comparison, scroll to the bottom of the page.
01. Best Overall: Apple AirPods Pro
Apple AirPods Pro
4.8 out of 5 rating
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- The Wireless Charging Case delivers more than 24 hours of battery life
02. Best Recommended: Apple AirPods (2nd Generation)
4.8 out of 5 rating
Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) Wireless Earbuds with Lightning Charging Case Included. Over 24 Hours of Battery Life, Effortless Setup. Bluetooth Headphones for iPhone
- Quick access to Siri by saying “ Hey Siri ”.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- More than 24 hours total listening time with the Charging Case
- Effortless setup, in-ear detection, and automatic switching for a magical experience
- Easily share audio between two sets of AirPods on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV
03. Best Runner Up: Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation)
Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) Wireless Earbuds, Up to 2X More Active Noise Cancelling, Adaptive Transparency, Personalized Spatial Audio, MagSafe Charging Case, Bluetooth Headphones for iPhone
4.7 out of 5 rating
- RICHER AUDIO EXPERIENCE – The Apple-designed H2 chip pushes advanced audio performance even further, resulting in smarter noise cancellation and more immersive sound. The low-distortion, custom-built driver delivers crisp, clear high notes and deep, rich bass in stunning definition. So every sound is more vivid than ever..Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- NEXT-LEVEL ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Up to 2x more Active Noise Cancellation than the previous AirPods Pro for dramatically less noise on your commute, or when you want to focus. Adaptive Transparency lets you comfortably hear the world around you, adjusting for intense noise—like sirens or construction—in real time.
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT – Now with four pairs of silicone tips (XS, S, M, L) to fit a wider range of ears and provide all-day comfort. The tips create an acoustic seal to help keep out noise and secure AirPods Pro in place.
- SOUND ALL AROUND – Personalized Spatial Audio surrounds you in sound tuned just for you. It works with dynamic head tracking to immerse you deeper in music and movies.
- HIGHER LEVEL OF CONTROL – Now you can swipe the stem to adjust volume. Press it to play and pause music or to answer and end a call, or hold it to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Adaptive Transparency.
- A LEAP IN BATTERY LIFE – Up to 6 hours of listening time with Active Noise Cancellation enabled — 33% more than AirPods Pro (1st generation). With the charging case, you can get 30 hours of total listening time with Active Noise Cancellation enabled — 6 hours longer than AirPods Pro (1st generation).
- A MORE CAPABLE CASE – Keep track of AirPods Pro with Precision Finding and a built-in speaker. A lanyard loop keeps your AirPods Pro close. Charge with an Apple Watch or MagSafe charger, or use the Lightning connector or a Qi-certified charger.
- MAGICAL EXPERIENCE – Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”. Easy setup, in-ear detection, and automatic switching between devices. Audio Sharing lets you share a song or a show between two sets of AirPods on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
04. Best 2nd Runner Up: Apple AirPods (3rd Generation)
Apple AirPods (3rd Generation) Wireless Earbuds with Lightning Charging Case. Spatial Audio, Sweat and Water Resistant, Up to 30 Hours of Battery Life. Bluetooth Headphones for iPhone
4.7 out of 5 Rating
- Personalized Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- Single fit
- Force sensor lets you control your entertainment and answer or end calls
- Sweat and water resistant for AirPods and charging case
- Lightning Charging Case or MagSafe Charging Case
- Up to 6 hours of listening time
- Up to 30 hours total listening time
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Easy setup, in-ear detection, and automatic switching between devices
- Audio Sharing between two sets of AirPods on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV
05. Editor’s Pick: Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation)
Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) with AppleCare+ (2 Years)
4.8 out of 5 Rating
- Active Noise Cancellation reduces unwanted background noise
- Adaptive Transparency lets outside sounds in while reducing loud environmental noise
- Personalized Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you
- Multiple ear tips (XS, S, M, L)
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
- Mail-in or carry-in repairs
- Express Replacement Service
- Hardware coverage for your headphones, battery, and included charging cable
Best Apple Airpods: Apple entered the headphone market quite recently. The white earbuds were introduced in 2016 with the initial batch, but they have now almost completely taken over the world. Anywhere on the globe, just take a stroll down a crowded street, and chances are you’ll find someone sporting one. We are now using the third version of the wireless AirPods, the second generation of the noise-canceling AirPods Pro, and the over-ear AirPods Max to complete Apple’s lineup. Are you curious about the variations and features that each model offers? Below, we’ve graded Apple’s AirPods so you can see how they stack up and decide which pair is best for you.
Which is better, the AirPod 3 or the Pro?
Only those who especially want the fit and enhanced sound that in-ear silicone tips may offer or who require active noise cancellation should get the AirPods Pro. If you plan on taking advantage of Apple’s Conversation Boost accessibility function, the AirPods Pro are also an excellent investment. The third-generation AirPods provide an additional hour of battery life, while the second-generation AirPods may provide up to five hours of listening time on a single charge. The third-generation AirPods’ battery life drops to five hours when spatial audio is turned on.
Why do AirPods 3 cost less than the Pro?
The $169 AirPods don’t have replaceable silicone tips like the AirPods Pro 2, which have four sizes to pick from, which is the largest design difference. Additionally, the AirPods 3 weigh 0.15 ounces, as opposed to 0.19 ounces less than the AirPods Pro 2.
Do AirPods Pro still hold the top spot?
Verdict. Apple’s most advanced earphones to date are the second-generation AirPods Pro. They retain the positive qualities of their predecessors while improving on them in terms of sound, noise canceling effectiveness, battery life, and charging time. Both the adaptive transparency function and the built-in volume control are very useful.
Are AirPods Pro worth the price?
This is the set of earbuds to buy for only $50 USD more than the original model with the wireless charging case. The AirPods Pro (first version) include an improved fit, superior sound quality, and active noise cancellation. Just purchase this if you have an iOS device.
In 2022, should I still get AirPods Pro?
Not only will you receive a ton of features (noise cancellation, transparency, spatial audio with head tracking, Find My, splash resistance), but the sound quality will also noticeably improve. The hearing protection alone makes the price of AirPods Pro worthwhile if you use your AirPods frequently.